Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is
- a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection.
- a dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
- a commitment to creating cutting edge-coffee people.
Position: Production Associate
Counter Culture Coffee is looking for a full-time Production Associate at our Roastery and Training Center in Emeryville, CA. The successful candidate will work with and report to the West Coast Production Manager, filling and shipping orders for our wholesale customers, working on special projects, and maintaining inventory levels. This is a physically demanding position.
The Production Associate works directly in the Production department on the execution of daily wholesale orders including all aspects of manufacture from inception to shipping. The ideal candidate has a background in manufacturing/warehousing with knowledge on shipping, receiving, and inventory control. The ideal candidate also will possess basic "handy man" skills and works quickly with a sense of urgency. A background in coffee is also highly desirable.
- Produces all packaging materials for daily shipments, including labeling of bags and boxes
- Filling of all coffee orders using a variety of different equipment
- Working with fellow team members to ensure all orders are filled, packed, and shipped in an accurate and efficient manner
- Communicating with the Production Manager any inventory shortages, errors, safety concerns
- Other projects, as necessary, to help the department be successful
- Perform Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of select production equipment
- Minimum of 1–2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stand or walk 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs many times throughout the day
- Be self-directed when needed, but comfortable taking direction and asking questions
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors, customers
- Become familiar with all aspects of order fulfillment within the Production department
- Become familiar with each coffee that Counter Culture sells
- Become familiar with the company structure, policies, personnel, etc.
- Be a team player and show an effort to work quickly and accurately
Compensation and Benefits
- After 30 days, this full-time position will be eligible for comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- One free pound of coffee every week
- Three weeks paid time off accrued on hours worked.
- Six Paid Company Holidays
- Counter Culture Green Fund eligibility from date of hire
- Counter Culture Pushing Potential Fund eligibility from date of hire
- Counter Culture 401K withholding from date of hire, with company match after one year of employment.
- Counter Culture profit sharing program after first full quarter following one year anniversary.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.