At Counter Culture Coffee, we approach our work with a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection, a dedication to real sustainability, and a commitment to cutting-edge coffee education. Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices throughout America, we’ve been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- A relentless pursuit of coffee perfection
- A dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
- A commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people
Job Overview: The Controller is responsible for all general accounting operations of the company, including maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, production of periodic financial reports, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will work closely with the CFO to manage cash, is responsible for the company's financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll oversight, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the operations of the accounting department
- Manage new customer set-up & new vendor set-up
- Process quotes
- Ensure that accounts receivable and accounts payable are managed appropriately
- Calculate and process sales commissions
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Work with CFO and CEO to prepare annual budget
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Must be positive, inspiring, curious, thorough, and must not accept the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in an operating company
- Proficient in Excel
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience with Netsuite
Compensation and Benefits: In addition to competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Medical (90% Company Paid), Dental and Vision coverage the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Three weeks of Paid Time Off annually
- Six paid company holidays
- Immediate eligibility to participate in the Company 401K program
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing plan the first full quarter after 1 year of employment
- Eligible for Green Fund and Pushing Potential Programs after 30 days.
- You may purchase company products (coffee & wares) at wholesale price minus 10%
- One free pound of coffee a week.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.