At Counter Culture Coffee, we approach our work with a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection, a dedication to real sustainability, and a commitment to cutting-edge coffee education. Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices throughout America, we’ve been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Our Vision Statement:
- A relentless pursuit of coffee perfection
- A dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability
- A commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people
Position: Grocery Category Administrator
Job Overview: As a member of the Grocery Department, the key function of this role is to be the primary order entry specialist as well as administrator for the department. The grocery category administrator is key liaison between Counter Culture customers and the company. A positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction are imperative for this role.
- Responsible for data entry and processing grocery account orders in Counter Culture systems for East and West Coast customers.
- Responsible for entering administrative data in internal database for monthly and special promotions
- Responsible for entering all promotions on appropriate account specific paperwork for each customer—to include monthly promotions, special promotions, new item paperwork and share with appropriate Counter Culture employees
- Responsible for entering new items into internal system
- Review all POs and pricing for accuracy
- Convert PO’s to invoices in customer specific systems
- Notify any customers of late, mis-ship, and holiday shipping notices
- Coordinate samples to customers as needed
- Superior Customer Relations Skills required
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to handle multiple problems/calls simultaneously
- Work effectively and independently under pressure and time constraints
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Accept some off hours work as needed
- General ability to work with multiple office platforms.
- Curious about coffee and willingness to learn.
90 Day Goals:
- Proficiency with data entry and internal systems
- Proficiency with promotional paperwork and systems
- Complete 3 Counter Intelligence Labs
Compensation and Benefits:
- This full-time position will be eligible for comprehensive Medical (90% Company Paid), Dental and Vision coverage after 30 days
- Three weeks of vacation annually, plus six company holidays [with additional vacation time generated as your tenure with the firm increases]
- Immediately eligible to participate in the Counter Culture’s 401K program and, after 12 months of employment, become eligible for 401K matching of 100% for the first 3% you contribute and 50% for the next 2% you contribute for a total of 4% matching
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Daycare
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing plan the first full quarter after 1 year of employment
- Eligible for Green Fund and Pushing Potential Programs after 30 days
- You may purchase company products (coffee & wares) at wholesale price minus 10%
- One free pound of coffee a week.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.