Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is
- a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection.
- a dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
- a commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people.
Position: Regional Sales Representative - New York, NY
Job Description: Regional Sales Representatives act as the first point of contact between Counter Culture and our potential Wholesale partners. The key functions of this role are identifying and qualifying prospective wholesale partners across a variety of channels, and adding new, appropriate business to the designated region. Sales team members must have not only a strong business skill set, but also a thorough knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
Counter Culture sales representatives are smart, resourceful, and reliable, but, first and foremost, they genuinely care about people and coffee.
- At least one (1) year of sales experience in coffee, or a related industry
- Experience and knowledge of the geography of the assigned regional markets and channels preferred
- The ability to manage one's own time and schedule effectively. Available to work a flexible schedule including periodic overnight travel, as well as weekend and off-hours work
- A strong desire to nurture new wholesale partnerships appropriately
- A high aptitude for communication, and a strong desire to effectively communicate the mission and values of Counter Culture to prospective wholesale partners as well as the general public
- A willingness to be challenged, and an eagerness for professional education and growth.
- Basic technical expertise, and a willingness to learn about the equipment required to produce the highest quality coffee
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Desire to be a part of an amazing regional team of educators, technicians, and customer support representatives, and to participate in education and events for both the public and for our wholesale partners.
- Quickly and accurately qualify all incoming leads, and follow up accordingly
- Source appropriate new business through effective cold calling and networking
- Act as a consultant to new wholesale partners in a manner consistent with Counter Culture core values
- Recommend and sell coffee equipment appropriately and with expertise
- End-to-end management of the process of onboarding new wholesale partners
- Work with management to refine and execute sales strategy for the assigned region
- Participate in Training Center events including but not limited to labs, classes, tastings, workshops, and socials
- Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics
- Satisfactory completion of onsite Counter Culture Coffee orientation.
- Effective demonstration of the ability to work without supervision and with other regional team members.
- Effective demonstration of the ability to complete required tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective demonstration of the ability to communicate with the Sales Manager and follow directions.
- Completion of at least three Counter Intelligence labs including the Espresso Fundamentals Lab and Brew Science One.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This full-time position will be eligible for comprehensive Medical (90% Company Paid), Dental and Vision coverage after 30 days
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing plan the first full quarter after 1 year of employment
- Immediately eligible to participate in the Counter Culture 401K program and, after 12 months of employment, be eligible for 401K matching
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Daycare
- Eligible for Green Fund and Pushing Potential Programs after 30 days
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.