Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is
- a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection.
- a dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
- a commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people.
Position: Coffee Technician
Job Description: As a member of the Customer Support department, the key function of this role is to act as a Counter Culture regional support representative, providing technical services, customer support, and course instruction. Coffee Technicians are primarily responsible for installation and upkeep of customers’ coffee equipment. Although a familiarity or comfort with tools and equipment is a required skill set, advanced coffee skills and industry knowledge are also key in this role. Coffee Techs are also expected to assist in the implementation of our Counter Intelligence program regionally by acting as lab instructors or assistants based on the specific region’s needs and capacity.
A Counter Culture Coffee Technician is a resourceful, pragmatic, and thorough service person, as well as a knowledgeable and crafted barista.
- Must be positive, inspiring, curious, thorough, and must not accept the status quo.
- Proficiency with tools, machinery, electricity, and plumbing
- Strong barista skill set (2+ years preferred)
- Efficient time management, flexible schedule, off-hours availability
- Regular out-of-town travel throughout the year
- Reliable, accountable, and professional demeanor
- Strong desire to share knowledge and ability to teach others
- Work with regional team to develop regional agenda
- Manage maintenance of all customer and company equipment
- Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics
- Contribute to regional growth by scaling support with our growth
- Lead Training Center events like labs, classes, tastings, workshops, and socials
- Qualify to perform general machine maintenance without supervision
- Qualify to lead core Counter Culture labs
- Certify as a Counter Culture barista and coffee steward
Compensation and Benefits:
- After 30 days, this full-time position will be eligible for comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- One free pound of coffee every week
- Three weeks paid time off
- Counter Culture Green Fund and Pushing Potential Fund eligibility after 30 days
- Employee is eligible for Counter Culture 401K withholding from date of hire, but will not receive company match until completion of first year of service
- Eligible for company profit sharing program after employee's first full quarter following their one year anniversary.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.