Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture has been continuously
innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our
Counter Culture Coffee is
● a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection.
● a dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability.
● a commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people.
Position: Customer Relations Representative - Asheville
We are focused on relationships - from producers to partners to peers. Customer Relations Representatives
manage the wholesale relationships at Counter Culture. A happy and successful CR Rep will thrive in a
demanding environment working with passionate, dedicated, and diverse people. Part of the job is managing
customer accounts - which can mean everything from resolving order issues to providing barista training to
helping them solve issues as small business owners in their communities. Another part of the job is education -
teaching small groups about the coffee industry and helping them develop coffee preparation skills. This latter
part of the job requires strong public speaking skills and comfort with conveying knowledge and information to
diverse groups of people. Being a CR at Counter Culture is a demanding job, requiring the ability to set and
meet strategic goals with our wholesale partners and responsibility for regional growth, retention, and
- Account management of regional wholesale customers ranging from coffee shops to restaurants to
- specialty shops.
- Responsible for regional growth, retention, and profitability.
- Developing and executing strategies with regional sales and support peers to achieve goals.
- Teaching our Professional Development educational curriculum.
- Leading our Home Brew consumer curriculum, including public coffee tastings.
- Assisting regional team members with sales or tech related agendas.
- Helping maintain all assets, including cleaning and care of all coffee equipment, training center facilities,
- and vehicles.
- Must be positive, inspiring, curious, thorough, and must not accept the status quo.
- Able to work well with a regional sales and support team to achieve growth and retention goals.
- Five years' barista experience in the specialty coffee industry, store management experience preferred.
- Loves coffee and loves talking about all aspects of it.
- A valid US Driver’s License and ability to drive a company vehicle.
- Travel, sometimes overnight. Work hours may be outside of normal business hours including some
- weekends, or holidays.
- Congenial, professional, helpful, and thoughtful in any situation.
- Must be able to lead large groups in discussions or training regarding nearly anything coffee related.
- Comfortable using various forms of technology and programs for account management.
- Strong understanding of Counter Culture’s vision, mission, values, and Plan.
- Comprehensive understanding of our wholesale program including our products, services, and
- Proficiency with Counter Culture’s CRM.
- Set quarterly goals for yourself and your top clients.
- Become a certified CCC Educator.
- Lead a Tasting at Ten.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Computer: Counter Culture will provide a computer for professional use.
- Phone Stipend of $80.00 per month.
- Medical (90% Company Paid), Dental and Vision coverage the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Three weeks of Paid Time Off annually, accrued in each bi-weekly pay cycle.
- Six paid company holidays
- Immediately eligible to participate in the Counter Culture’s 401K program and, after 12 months of employment, be eligible for 401K matching of 100% for the first 3% you contribute and 50% for the next 2% you contribute for a total of 4% matching
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing plan the first full quarter after 1 year of employment
- Eligible for Green Fund and Pushing Potential Programs after 30 days.
- You may purchase company products (coffee & wares) at wholesale price minus 10%
- One free pound of coffee a week.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.